Happy Thursday all! I hope you guys are having a fantastic week and are kicking your goals! This week I had some time to play around with some recipes/ingredients and come up with a pretty tasty, no added sugar cupcakes! I researched some recipes online, removed some ingredients I felt were not needed and I also added my own ingredients that i felt would work really well with the cupcakes to make them as easy and cost effective as possible! Please remember these have no added sugar, so they may not be sweet enough for your liking – if thats an issue for you i suggest adding in 3 tablespoons of honey for extra sweetness!
- 4 medium-large ripe bananas.
- 1/3 of a cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of almond milk, or skim milk depending on what you prefer (not pictured)
- 1 1/2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon of bi-carb soda
- 12 whole almonds (or crushed walnuts, whatever you prefer)
Pre heat your oven to 220 degrees and prepare muffin tray (12 cup) by either lining them with baking cups or brushing it with coconut oil.
- Mash up all 4 Bananas in smaller bowl – Use a fork to make it easier for yourself. Make sure your bananas are mashed to the consistency shown below, with minimal chunks.
2. Add in other wet ingredients to your mashed up bananas (Egg, Vanilla Essence, Coconut Oil, Almond Milk)
3. Prepare your dry ingredients in larger bowl all together (wholemeal flour, cinnamon, bi-carb soda) Leave the almonds/nuts out at this stage. This should be what you have in front of you: Wet Ingredients in one bowl, dry ingredients in a larger bowl.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until all has been folded through.
5. Fill your muffin tray with your mixture and top each muffin with a whole almond (or crushed nut of your choice)
6. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, check to ensure soft in middle and top crunchy, then remove, let cool and serve. I suggest serving the muffin with sugar free ice cream or stewed fruit such as apples, they are a great combination together, or simply great for your lunch box without feeling the guilt of a muffin that is full of sugar!
Healthy, Guilt free, tasty and so easy to make! Not only is the recipe easy, the ingredients are cheap to buy, so you will not be spending too much money on ingredients!
I hope you guys have a great weekend and this recipe can help you from being naughty and reaching for a sugar packed chocolate muffin! If you have any questions or would like to see me post about something in particular please let me know on my qooh me, which you can find the link in my ‘social media’ page!
Until next time,