Hi All! Long time no talk! I am so sorry for being MIA lately, Ive recently gone back to school and its been a massive week of emotion for me so Ive had a break from blogging- I also started kickboxing and plan on up-skilling in that so my focus has been elsewhere and Im so sorry about that! But, Im back! And because my health kick for 2016 continues, I thought I would share with you guys some of my favourite healthy meals I eat to contribute to weight loss and be as nutritious as I possible can! Ive added a few breakfast, options and in more posts, ill show you guys what i also eat for lunches and dinners as well as snacks! If you would like to know more you can hit me up with questions on my Qooh account (link in social media tab).
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we all know that! If you didn’t.. well now you do! I love breakfast because I ALWAYS feel so hungry when I wake up, due to heading to the gym at 5:30 in the morning, by 7:00am I could eat the whole house down so breakfast before starting my day makes me feel A LOT better. I usually like to mix up my breakfast depending on what my day looks like, how active ill be or what I will be doing, but these are usually my options:
- BERRY PROTEIN SMOOTHIE:
Anyone who knows me personally knows how much i LOVE my smoothies, and its always the same one because I seriously love it so much! If you have a look in the recipe tab I actually posted all about my smoothie, what it looks like and the recipe, however ill recap whats in it now:
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 2 tablespoons of protein world slender blend protein (vanilla flavour)
- 6-10 strawberries
- handful of raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- handful of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of low fat greek yoghurt natural
- 200ml almond milk/skim milk
- 200ml of cold water
- optional: tablespoon of chia seeds.
Blend all the ingredients together and thank me late, because its like a strawberry milkshake, without the guilt, is super nutritious and fills you up for the morning!
- PROTEIN OMELETTE
Okay when I know Im going to have more carbs during the day I like to keep my breakfast nice and protein packed and as natural as possible! My favorite omelette recipe consists of:
- 1 full egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tblsp of skim milk
- Mix these 3 ingredients together in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper
- handful of baby spinach
- small handful of red onion sliced/diced.
- small handful of diced tomato
- small handful of diced capsicum (whatever colour)
Heat up small amount of coconut oil in a pan, add all your vegetables and fry for 30 seconds. From this, then add wet ingredients (egg) to the pan and cook until golden.
Remove from the pan and serve!
This omelette is great, full of protein and vegetables and is very, very yummy!
- Smashed Avocado, Fetta and poached Eggs
Okay honestly, I cannot begin to explain how much I LOVE this breakfast. I sometime have it for lunch instead of breakfast too! Its just that damn good and fills you up for either meal! Its easy and simple to make and only has a small amount of ingredients which makes it super quick too!
- 2 eggs, poached
- half an avocado smashed onto x2 pieces of low gi rye toast
- as above, 2 pieces of rye toast
- 30grams of fetta, crumbled
- baby spinach placed on toast as base for eggs
- salt and pepper.
I have the toast, then the avo, handful of spinach, crushed fetta, then add the eggs on top of that – for extra flavour you can even drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top of that to! Its to die for, nutritious and super yummy!
- Natural Oats with apple and cinnamon and honey drizzle
These are usually my go to for cold winter mornings, Im literally obsessed! They taste so good, they are so easy and so filling!
- 45 grams of natural, unsweetened oats – I use uncle Toby’s.
- 1/2 cup of cold water, 1/2 cup of almond milk mixed with the oats, then placed in the microwave for up to 2 minutes mix and check until soft.
- 1 cut up, peeled granny smith apple mixed into made oats.
- tbsp on natural cinnamon ground added to mixture.
- drizzle of honey added to top for flavour
- mix altogether and eat
Its absolutely delish, a heart warming, filling meal and is so good for you and will set you up for the day!
These are my go to breakfasts and I hope it gives you guys some tips and ideas for a healthy, nutritious meal! Let me know if you guys have any questions or want to know more about what i eat! I will be posting my lunch and dinner options for you guys ASAP too so make sure you look out for them!
Until next time,